This is what I like to call a Cran Tropical Berry Smoothie and Sorbet. Because of the texture of the finished product, you can easily drink it through a straw or you can freeze it and scoop some up for later.
I have been making this for the past few days because my daughter hasn’t been feeling well and antibiotics are a no no from her doctors. They suggested that she eat some honey since it has antibiotic properties. It is definitely a hit for her! This is a fun and fast recipe so I thought I would share it today.
Warning: Do not try this recipe if you are allergic to honey!
Here is what you will need:
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 100% Cranberry Juice
- Frozen Fruit (I used the Dole Mixed Fruit from Sam’s club because I like to buy in bulk and they are now separated into six smaller 1lb bag portions inside. There are about three to four cups of chopped fruit pieces in each one).
- Blender (the higher the Watts the better)
- Small to Medium Container (such as Rubber Maid food storage containers)
As I mentioned before this is a super simple recipe.
- Take one of the bags from the fruit pack and pour half of the frozen fruit mixture into the blender.
- Pour in the raw honey. Doing this make it much easier to mix.
- Add the rest of the fruit mixture on top.
- Pour in some cranberry juice until it is almost leveled with the fruit mixture. This will help the blender do its job at mixing all the contents together smoothly.
- If you have a smoothie option on your blender, press that button. Other wise go to the highest setting on your blender.
- Stop to stir a couple of times to ensure that you get the smoothest texture as you can.
- Pour into a cup to enjoy as a smoothie or pour into a storage container to freeze for later.
There you have it! You have a Cran Tropical Berry concoction! The cranberry makes it a little tangy but the other fruits will balance it out.
I hope you all enjoy. Share in the comments below how yours turned out.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the website and like our page on Facebook.